- Click here for a high level overview of our Tape Cracker product offering.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a demo and/or start your free Tape Cracker trial!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Using Tape Cracker
- Chrome is the preferred browser for Tape Cracker
- Imported tapes are shared between users across your organization; anything you import will be automatically accessible.
- Tape Cracker will remember your preferences from previous data files, and our machine learning algorithm ensures that our application is constantly learning and improving the accuracy of its predictions over time. This means that Tape Cracker will automatically re-map the same fields across different tapes, saving you time.
- Any calculations created by you or users within your organization will be accessible for all users across all tapes. Because the field names and field data contained across different loan tape files are variable, some calculations may be valid/applicable for some tapes and invalid/not applicable for other tapes.
- After a tape is cracked and saved, Reports, the data will be available for use in Tape Cracker Strats and can be configured and exported via tape Export, with more tools available soon.
After cracking a tape, the My Tapes page displays all tapes uploaded by users within your organization. My Tapes are shared across your entire organization, users in an org can access one another's tapes, facilitating collaboration.
At the right end of the table is a three dot menu to access various tools to export, share outside your organization, copy actions to a new tape, join a tape to another, download the audit trail report, download the original file, and delete the tape.
Importing A Tape
To import a new tape, you can either select Import Tape in the navigation bar, or you can hit the Upload New Tape button in the top right corner of the My Tapes table. Either action will open a drawer on the right hand side of the screen. Select which file you would like to upload, then then hit the Save and Go To File button in the top right corner, which will upload the file and take you to Edit Mode.
These are the file upload guidelines for the tapes you would like to upload:
- Verify column headers are the first row, remove any summary row(s), and copy paste values to remove formulas from spreadsheet
- 200MB file size maximum, .CSV files ingest more easily when file size is large
- .CSV, .XLS, and .XLSX (excluding Strict Open XML Spreadsheet) file types are supported
- Only the sheet with most cells will be uploaded, multiple tabs will not be ingested
- Do not upload PII (Personally Identifiable Information)